Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 7 term 4

What is learning?
Ten weeks have past since we started talking about what learning is and thinking about what learning is and also reflecting on our learning with Mrs. Mitchell

When I started talking and thinking about my learning this is what I thought learning was:
I think learning is when a person or a group of people work together or alone to work something out or learn eachothers opions.

Solo Taxonomy has been is very useful to us because we would have never been able to improve in our learning if we didn't have some steps to follow and to show us what we needed to do to get better.

I really liked making the rubrics together and using these. In our learning, first we established a rubric. The next step was going and doing the work. Lastly we self assessed our work. We went and discussed our work with Mrs. Mitchell and talked about how to improve our work. We repeated these steps over and over again until we were happy with our level of thinking. Solo Taxonomy helps us to develope skills that will be very useful in all our learning in the future.

I am glad that Mrs. Mitchell has taught us about Solo Taxonomy because
  • We now know how to improve our work.
  • We know how to self asess our work.
  • We know what to do to get to the next level of thinking
I feel like I am thinking and talking more about learning and I have never done this before. I like the symbols because they help me think about the kind of thinking that I am doing. I also now know how to use a rubric to help me plan my learning. I feel great.


No comments:

Post a Comment